Listen to the Land
The Listen to the Land attraction is a slow-moving boat ride that takes you through a few show scenes, greenhouses and laboratories to show you the future of food production. It is a 15-minute narrated ride that most people enjoy for its tranquil nature. One of the highlights of the ride is during the first few minutes when you travel through three areas that represent a rain forest, desert and farm. As you pass through the farm, look up and you can barely make out the Garden Grill restaurant slowly rotating. Make sure to keep your eyes out for the Mickey shaped vegetables that are grown in the greenhouse.
Circle of Life: an Environmental Fable
This is a 12-minute film starring the popular Lion King characters Timon, Pumba, Mufasa and Simba. The crux of the film is to show how much we, as humans, can damage the earth. Timon and Pumba are set to build a resort community with no thought towards how it will effect the other creatures living nearby. Simba is able to convince them to change their minds once they realize they can make a difference. Lion King fans will enjoy this whereas other guests might find it a little heavy-handed.
Make sure to check out the fantastic wall carpet in the waiting area for the film. You can always ask the kids if Disney vacuums the walls to keep them clean.
Sunshine Seasons—Food for All!The Sunshine Seasons food court is regarded as one of the best food courts in all of Walt Disney World. There are enough choices to suit any palate, especially the younger gourmands.
- Asian Shop
- Sandwich Shop
- Soup/Salad Shop
- Wood-Fired Grill Shop
When you are eating at Sunshine Seasons, make sure to pay close attention to the table tops. They are grouped by seasons.
- EWDW Guide to Soarin' at Epcot (everythingwdisneyworld.com)
- Walt Disney's EPCOT, a Book Review (imaginerding.com)
- Well That Ain't Cinderella's Castle (imaginerding.com)
- Walt and the Promise of Progress City, a Book Review (imaginerding.com)
- Walt Disney World Books on Mouse Chat! (imaginerding.com)
- Disney's Adventure Guide to Florida (imaginerding.com)
- Vinyl Leaves: Walt Disney World and America, a Book Review (imaginerding.com)
- How to: Use a Fastpass. (everythingwdisneyworld.com)