I just finished a conference call with the some Pixie agents and Disney tonight. Our Disney representative had some interesting news about some big changes going on at Disney World. Some of this has already been reported all over the web, but it's nice to get an official confirmation. Here's a brief run-down.
Common area in the new health and wellness floor at the Contemporary.
- The Art of Animation Suites will open in phases, starting in May 2012.
- You'll be able to book the new health and wellness suites at the Contemporary Resort starting in November. There's not a set opening date, but expect them to be open at Thanksgiving, at the latest. Rumor has it you can start booking right after July 4.
- The suites will hold up to six people.
- Our Rep didn't know the exact prices of the wellness suites, but he said to expect them to start at around $800 per night.
- There's a very strong rumor that the refurbished rooms at Port Orleans will only sleep four guests because the queen-sized beds won't accomodate a trundle. I'm trying to get confirmation on this, but it's been hard to get anything solid.
- The first part of the expansion will open up in the fall of 2012. This will involve The Little Mermaid attraction as well as Belle's cottage, Gaston's Tavern (quick service) and the Be Our Guest restaurant (table service).
- The Be Our Guest restaurant is NOT slated to be a character meal at this time. Update: Per The Disney Blog, Lumiere will appear on a cart like Remy at Chefs de France in Epcot. There may be photo opportunities as well.
- The new princess meet and greet will open in Snow White's Scary Adventure in the Fall of 2013. It will be called the Princess Storybook Hall.
- The Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride, which will be located in the middle of the new Fantasyland expansion, will open in LATE 2013. This will be the last of the major additions to the expansion.